Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ho Ho Ho

So Christmas this year was especially rememberable.  Is that even a word? It's late.  Anyways, I think I'll quote my sister directly on this one from when we were about to arrive at home to surprise my parents for Christmas.  "This is so cool, it's like a movie!"  That pretty much sums up my experience over the past couple of weeks and leading up until today.  A few weeks ago I booked a surprise ticket home to see my family and friends for the holidays, and after talking to my dad every day since then, I only almost blew the secret twice (but didn't)  In my mind I had to come home for Christmas for multiple reasons non of which are more important than seeing my mom and dad.  I wasn't about to let this be the first Christmas in my history on this earth that I didn't spend it with my lovely family (including Nicole).  Long story short, the surprise went off without a hitch, it was a Merry Christmas, and I prove yet again that I still got what it takes to keep my parents on their toes.  My sister got me a bunch of t-shirts and I got her a shot glass from the San Diego airport, but I don't think any gift exchanged today was more valuable than the look on my parents faces when they saw this crazy kid walk through the door from California.  Dad, I assume you got the tab on the ticket right?  Even if not, it was worth every penny.  Merry Christmas world.

No comments: