Friday, December 5, 2008

GO UB !

sooo whether you know or not.  While I was at UB I was an avid sports fan, whether they won or not because I was raised to love college sports and I probably will forever.  So it's a busy couple of days for UB sports.  2 nights ago UB basketball lost at home to #2 UConn by 4 points.  This made me recall one of the last UB basketball games I have been to.  In 2006 I was there to witness UB host #2 Pittsburgh, only to lose by 3 points.  It's awesome that our boys can play at this level, but it would really help their cause if they could win a big game. (not even mentioning the 2005 conference championship game they lost that would have put them into the tourney that I was also at in Cleveland) .  On a more positive note, UB football is right now, as I type, playing for the MAC conference championship on ESPN2.  NEVER thought I would see the day, really.  I'm glad, but am also expecting this game to live up to UB's close but no cigar history.  They are playing an undefeated Ball State team that is currently ranked 12th in the nation and is looking to hopefully play in a BCS bowl (although unlikely).  Either way, UB sports is on the up and up.  Hopefully someday we'll all be able to speak UB and Penn State in the same breathe without laughing.  GO UB!

No comments: