Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday

So today is friday, although lately it has felt like every day is a friday.  or saturday.  I went to this place called Sunset Cliffs natural park the other day to shoot some video of the coast.  It was a perfect day and I couldn't help but just sit there and stare off into the ocean at surfer's off in the distance.  I'm like a ghost out here, nobody knows me and I don't know them, and on top of that I can drive 5 minutes and visit somewhere I have never been before.  The thoughts that were running through my head as I was sitting there on the edge of the cliffs can't really be described in words, and even video can't capture the true beauty of that scene on that day.  It's funny, as I sat there looking west, all I could think about was my life back east.  I knew this experience would be one that set the tone for the rest of my life, I'm just not exactly sure yet how it is going to play out.  I almost feel guilty, screw that, I do feel guilty that I am out here living out an extended vacation when so many of the people that I care about are going through the motions of the struggles of life back home.  Sure, I am paying out of my own pocket for this experience, but I still wonder how I'm going to look back on this time of discovery and adventure.  Or maybe i'm just thinking too much.  till' next timee

No comments: