Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rain and Rap

So, for the past week or so since I got my surfboard, it's been on and off rain and very cool.  This is really the first real lousy weather i've experienced since i've been here so i can't really complain.  It looks like tomorrow is supposed to be a little better out so I actually might take the board out and give it a go.  I guess we'll see.  In other news, I entered a "singing" contest so I can flash my skills.  It's got a $500 purse, and there's about 30 entries.  Bunch of rappers/singers/whatever so i'm just gonna try it out.  Worst case scenario I get my first stage experience under my belt, best case scenario I get $500, a photo shoot, and CD duplication.  I don't know anything about the San Diego scene so this is a good way to find out.  The event is held by MidCity Records at the Mira Mesa Epicentre, it's called the "Battle for the Paper".  It's this sunday so I gotta get 4 songs ready to perform.  More on this later.

No comments: